Safety Measures For Pilots, VAs and Riders As Plentywaka Resumes Operations
The Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), which has caused a global pandemic, has affected millions of people and the number keeps increasing daily.
During this time of this pandemic, when people are being encouraged to socially distance and remain quarantined in their homes when there is no need to step out, everyone is searching for ways to stay safe as they begin to step out and ease into their lives outdoor.
In light of the announcement made by the Federal Government on the controlled easing of the lockdown starting from Monday, 4th of May 2020, and the Lagos state govt’s directive on the mode of operations for transport businesses, Plentywaka will begin full operations on Tuesday, the 5th of May 2020 from 6:00 am — 6: 00 pm.
This means that you can now enjoy a much safer and reliable ride with Plentywaka from Tuesday.
In light of this, we will like you to know the following measures we have put in place to ensure your ride with us is safe.
Covid19 Safety Measures For All Operations, Pilots and Vehicle Assistants
This includes the safety measures we have put in place from our end and directed;
- All Plentywaka vehicles have been cleaned and fumigated to ensure our vehicles are free from any form of germs or viruses.
- The seating arrangement has been adjusted to ensure social distancing for all riders. Starting on Tuesday, we will be running 60% Capacity on all buses. i.e only 8 riders will be allowed into the 14 seater buses and 16 for the coaster Buses.
- All Pilots and Vehicle Assistants have been instructed to wear their face masks, and gloves at all times.
- Hand sanitizers will continue to remain in all buses and this will be used at the point of entry. Also, towels and disinfectant wipes have been made available to clean all seats at all times.
If any of the above are being violated in any of the Plentywaka vehicles you find yourself in, be sure to alert the customer care team as we hold the health of our pilots, vehicle assistants, and riders as a priority.
Plentywaka Covid19 Safety Protocols and Guidelines for Riders
To help in the fight against COVID-19 and ensure care provision continues during this pandemic, we have highlighted the following safety guidelines for all our riders too;
- All riders are mandated to wear face masks on board at all times.
- Social distancing will be enforced on the vehicles as much as we can.
- Air conditioning will be switched off in and off transit.
- Operation time will be from 6 am-6 pm daily to accommodate the curfew set by the government.
- Riders with visible signs of illness will not be allowed on board.
- Touching of other riders is prohibited. Kindly avoid hugging, handshakes, and physical touches as much as possible.
- Use of QR Code scanning for check-ins and check-outs will be enabled to minimize contact with the VAs.
To wrap up this article, we have highlighted some personal prevention tips you can adopt to protect yourself and limit the spread of the virus as you go about your daily businesses.
- Wash your hands as frequently as possible. Most likely for at least 20 seconds at a time with warm water and soap.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, or mouth when your hands are dirty. Wash, and sanitize your hands properly.
- If you begin to develop a fever or symptoms such as a cough or difficulty breathing, call a medical professional.
- Practice social distancing with your friends and colleagues. You never know who already has the virus when the symptoms are mild.
- Whenever you need to sneeze or cough, cover your mouth with a tissue or the inside of your elbow. Kindly dispose of any tissues used right away.
- Use disinfectants to clean objects like phones, computers, door handles, rails, and doorknobs as often as you can.
- Most importantly, stay at home if you have no need to be outside.
Riders are encouraged to adhere to these guidelines at all times.
Please do stay safe and observe all the guidelines provided by health experts.